Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Saturday Night . . .

Ok, so for me it was a Saturday afternoon. Each weekend, ScrapStreet comes alive with scrapping challenges. Once a month, we have a good old fashioned Street Fair with games, giggles, challenges, and prizes. Other weekends it is more of a laid back scrap night--with an occasional bingo thrown in for fun. This Sat, I was in charge and chose to make it a challenge night. Two different options--Journal Journey or Bloggin Baby--each with 5 challenges to complete if you wanted bragging rights and the winning blinkie.

Of course, when the idea hit me, I spaced that we were hosting the frat boys and fratlings for a card night. How could I forget that? Kids were even having a sleep over. The race was on. Complete 5 challenges, straighten the house, pull together some snacks, answer the "how many more minutes, mommy?" question repeatedly, and stay sane. Somehow, I made it!

The layout challenge was create one in the same colors as your blog, must have journaling, and must be about you. Whew! Zack took this picture of me earlier in the week (yes, I do let my 5yo handle my Rebel!) and the supplies are from this month's kit featuring October Afternoon. I am so in love with turquoise, orange, green, and yellow as I beg for spring to arrive.



Journaling says: This photo was taken by Zack at age five. He will only agree to pose for me if I pose for him. And often his pictures are the better ones. 3/1/o8

2 comments:

Spinkeeshy said...

You are stunning in that photo! Way to go Zack, but the way you scrapped it has the same attitude as the picture and that says Perfection to me! I just adore this layout! Fierce GF!

Terry said...

Awesome! Zack takes quite the picture! I do so love the March Kit! It so rawks!